Associate Prof. - Department Head Osman Sabri Kıratlı
10/2004 - 09/2012 University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA
Ph.D. and M.A. in Political Science; September 1, 2012
Doctorate dissertation: Why Sacrifice Sovereignty? A Non-Instrumental Explanation of State Support for Supranational Cooperation in EU Common Foreign and Security Policy supervised by MJ Peterson with Erich S. Einhorn and David M. Mednicoff in dissertation committe
Specialization:International Relations and Comparative Politics
1999-2004 Sabancı University, Istanbul, Turkey
BA, Social and Political Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Honor Fellowship for achieving 252nd rank in ÖSS-1999
1991 - 1999 Istanbul High School (Istanbul Erkek Lisesi), Istanbul, Turkey
GRANTS and AWARDS
2018 TUSIAD & Stiftung Mercator Turkey Europe Future Forum 2018 Fellow
2017-2018 Boğaziçi University Bilimsel Araştırma Projeleri (BAP) Funding
· Grant for the project titled “When do Voters Choose to Delegate? Europeans’ Attitudes on Multilateral Aid”
2015, 2016, 2017 Boğaziçi University, Academic Excellence Award
2015-2017 Boğaziçi University Bilimsel Araştırma Projeleri (BAP) Funding
· Funding worth of 88000 TL for the project titled “The Roots of Foreign Policy Attitudes in Turkey: An Experimental Study (Türkiye’de Dış Politika Kamuoyu Algılamalarının Temelleri)
09.2011-01.2012 University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA
· Graduate Research Grant. 3000 $
International political economy
European Union foreign policy
INTT 463 International Relations
INTT 48A Economics of Globalization
INTT 452 International Negotiations
INTT 362 Economic Integration & the European Union
INTT 533 Cross-Cultural Negotiation
INTT 433 Business Ethics
· OS Kiratli. “On the Question
of Generosity: Who Supports Foreign Aid to Whom? - Lessons from Turkey and
Greece”. Forthcoming. International
Journal of Public Opinion Research. (2019)
· OS Kiratli. Aiding Together? Europeans’ Attitudes on Common Aid Policy. European Union Politics (EUP). Online First. DOI: 10.1177/1465116518794306. (2018).
· OS Kiratli. On the Question of Generosity: Who Supports Foreign Aid to Whom? -Lessons from Turkey and Greece. Minor Revision, International Journal of Public Opinion Research (2018).
· OS Kiratli. “To Fight or Not To Fight? A Multivariate Analysis of Turkish Public Opinion on the Use of Force”, Turkish Studies, 19:3, 363-380. (2018).
· OS Kiratli. “Political Discourses on Europe and European Integration in National Election Manifestos and Party Programs”, Cambridge Review of International Affairs 29(2), Taylor-Francis, (2017).
· OS Kiratli. "European Integration Policy in Turkey: A Comparison of the Republican People’s Party (CHP) and the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP), 1965-2011", Southeast European and Black Sea Studies 15: 3. p.261-279. Taylor-Francis, (2015).
· OS Kiratli. "The Role of Identity in Support for Supranational Integration in EU Foreign and Security Policies", European Integration Online Papers (EIOP), Vol. 19, Article 7, pp. 1-37 (2015).
· OS Kiratli. “Avrupa Dış İlişkiler ve Güvenlik Politikası ve Üç Büyükler: Almanya, Fransa ve İngiltere”, Akademik İncelemeler Dergisi, Cilt 11, Sayı:1, 207-224. Nisan 2016.
· OS Kiratli. “Türkiye’de Kamuoyunun Serbest Ticaret ve Küreselleşme Algısı ve Bu Algının Temel Dinamikleri”, Finans Politik ve Ekonomik Yorumlar, Cilt 53, Sayı 614, 83-93. Nisan 2016.
· OS Kiratli. “Greece: From Reluctant Isolationist to Willing Integrationist in the European Union”, International Studies, 49 (3&4), Sage Journals, (2012). p:263-284.
· M.J. Peterson, Osman Kiratli, and Ilke Ercan. “Case Study: Narmada Dams Controversy” International Dimensions of Ethics Education Case Study Series (2010). Published by the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Available at: http://works.bepress.com/mj_peterson/2
· M.J. Peterson, Osman Kiratli, and Ilke Ercan. “Case Study: Recruitment of Egg Donors by South Korean Stem Cell Researchers”. Science, Medicine, Biology, Misconduct, Human Research Subjects. International Dimensions of Ethics Education Case Study Series (2009), Published by the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Available at: http://www.ethicslibrary.org/resources/79
· MJ. Peterson. “Access to HIV Treatments in Developing Countries”. International Dimensions of Ethics Education in Science and Engineering. (2010). Available http://scholarworks.umass.edu/edethicsinscience/24/ (research assistant)
All three cases were created by the International Dimensions of Ethics Education in Science and Engineering (IDEESE) Project at the University of Massachusetts Amherst with support from the National Science Foundation under grant number 0734887.