Asst. Prof. Dr. Osman Sabri Kıratlı
10/2004 - 09/2012 University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA
Ph.D. and M.A. in Political Science; September 1, 2012
Doctorate dissertation: Why Sacrifice Sovereignty? A Non-Instrumental Explanation of State Support for Supranational Cooperation in EU Common Foreign and Security Policy supervised by MJ Peterson with Erich S. Einhorn and David M. Mednicoff in dissertation committe
Specialization:International Relations and Comparative Politics
1999-2004 Sabancı University, Istanbul, Turkey
BA, Social and Political Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Honor Fellowship for achieving 252nd rank in ÖSS-1999
1991 - 1999 Istanbul High School (Istanbul Erkek Lisesi), Istanbul, Turkey
Research Areas: International Political Economy, Regional Integration and the EU, Turkey- EU Relations, Constructivism and Post-modern International Relations Theories
- “Avrupa Dış İlişkiler ve Güvenlik Politikası ve Üç Büyükler: Almanya, Fransa ve İngiltere”, Akademik İncelemeler Dergisi, Cilt 11, Sayı:1, 207-224. Nisan 2016.
- “Türkiye’de Kamuoyunun Serbest Ticaret ve Küreselleşme Algısı ve Bu Algının Temel Dinamikleri”, Finans Politik ve Ekonomik Yorumlar, Cilt 53, Sayı 614, 83-93. Nisan 2016.
- “Political Discourses on Europe and European Integration in National Election Manifestos and Party Programs”, Published Online, Cambridge Review of International Affairs, Taylor-Francis, (2015). SSCI indexed. DOI:10.1080/09557571.2015.1058670
- "European Integration Policy in Turkey: A Comparison of the Republican People’s Party (CHP) and the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP), 1965-2011", Southeast European and Black Sea Studies 15: 3. p.261-279. Taylor-Francis, (2015). SSCI indexed.
- "The Role of Identity in Support for Supranational Integration in EU Foreign and Security Policies", European Integration Online Papers (EIOP), Vol. 19, Article 7, pp. 1-37 (2015). SSCI indexed.
- “Greece: From Reluctant Isolationist to Willing Integrationist in the European Union”, International Studies, 49 (3&4), Sage Journals, (2012). pp:263–284.
- M.J. Peterson, Osman Kiratli, and Ilke Ercan. “Case Study: Narmada Dams Controversy” International Dimensions of Ethics Education Case Study Series(2010). Published by the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Available at: http://works.bepress.com/mj_peterson/2
- M.J. Peterson, Osman Kiratli, and Ilke Ercan. “Case Study: Recruitment of Egg Donors by South Korean Stem Cell Researchers”. Science, Medicine, Biology, Misconduct, Human Research Subjects. International Dimensions of Ethics Education Case Study Series (2009), Published by the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Available at: http://www.ethicslibrary.org/resources/79
- MJ. Peterson. “Access to HIV Treatments in Developing Countries”. International Dimensions of Ethics Education in Science and Engineering. (2010). Available http://scholarworks.umass.edu/edethicsinscience/24/(research assistant)